Keeping your family safe and healthy can feel even harder when you live in crowded conditions. But there are things you can do to make this easier for your family.
Stay where you are
- Limit those leaving and returning to your immediate living space to as few and as infrequent as possible.
- Only leave your household or area for essential reasons like getting food or medical attention.
- If your ECD Centre is functioning, make sure your child attends regularly. Stay in touch with your ECD Centre Caregiver for the latest updates and tips related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Help your children with physical distancing
- Explain to your children they have an important job of keeping themselves and their community healthy by temporarily physically distancing themselves from others
- Show your children extra positive attention when they make an effort to practice safe physical distancing from others
Make hand washing and hygiene fun!
- Try to wash all family members' hands as often as possible.
- Let children teach each other how to wash their hands.
- Encourage children to avoid touching their face.
- Encourage children to think of physical activities that avoid contact with people outside your home
- Jumping, dancing, or running in circles can be fun!